LOAN & RENT
ONLINE IN UNDER
Looking for life insurance that’s quick to buy?
Instant Insurance is a hassle free way of getting life cover. It’s quick and easy, it won’t tie you up with mountains of forms. Get covered in a matter of minutes.
How Is This Easy Or Instant?
It is ‘Simple’ & ‘Instant’, choose the type of cover, the amount of cover, tell us some personal details, accept the quote and enter your billing details. Once we send you the policy document you are covered!
Who Is The Insurance Provider?
Instant Insurance offers access to the Sovereign ‘Simple Life’ Product. Simple Life is provided by Sovereign Assurance Company Limited (“Sovereign”).
Loan and Rent Assistance Benefit
This is an optional benefit. If you have a Loan and Rent Assistance Benefit, it will be shown in the schedule.
What we cover
If the life assured is Totally Disabled for at least four weeks in a row after the policy start date, we will pay you the Loan and Rent Assistance Benefit for the life assured.
What does Totally Disabled mean?
The definition of Totally Disabled depends on whether the life assured is in full-time employment or not.
For a life assured who is in full-time employment:
- A life assured is Totally Disabled if, in our opinion, after considering the advice of a registered medical practitioner and any other relevant information, the life assured is so seriously incapacitated by illness or injury that he or she is unable for more than 10 hours per week to follow the occupation or carry on the business that he or she was involved in before becoming Totally Disabled.
For any other life assured:
- A life assured is Totally Disabled if, in our opinion, after considering the advice of a registered medical practitioner and any other relevant information, the life assured is so seriously incapacitated by illness or injury that he or she is continuously confined under full-time care to a home or a medical institution.
What we pay
The Loan and Rent Assistance Benefit is the monthly amount shown in the schedule. We will pay the Loan and Rent Assistance Benefit as follows:
First Payment Period – we will pay you monthly in advance for each of the first three months after expiry of the four week period.
Second Payment Period – if, after the first three months, the life assured still is Totally Disabled from the same cause, we will pay you monthly in advance for each of the next three months.
What is excluded?
We will not pay the Loan and Rent Assistance Benefit if the life assured’s Total Disability is directly or indirectly caused or contributed to by any of the following:
- A Pre-Existing Condition (as defined above); or
- The life assured participating in a Hazardous Activity (as defined above); or
- Pregnancy or childbirth unless the Total Disability lasts for more than 90 days, in which case we will pay for Total Disability from the 91st day; or
- An illness or injury deliberately inflicted by the life assured; or
- Non-compliance with Medical Treatment (which means a failure by the life assured to comply with or follow the treatment prescribed by an attending registered medical practitioner); or
- The life assured participating in a Criminal Act (which means any act or omission that is criminal in nature, effect or outcome)
Maximum claim period for related claims
We will pay the Loan and Rent Assistance Benefit for the same illness,
injury, medical condition, or any related condition for a maximum of six months in total throughout the life of your policy.
Mental Health claims
We will pay the Loan and Rent Assistance Benefit for mental health disorders for a maximum of six months in total throughout the life of your policy.
Personal Protection Insurance (PPI)
Mortgage Protection Insurance
Rent Payment Insurance
Mortgage Payment Insurance
Cost of Mortgage Protection Insurance
Rent Cover Insurance
Mortgage Loan Protection Insurance
LOAN & RENT COVER
QUICK TO BUY?